Can we just talk about this movie for one minute? I’d been meaning to go on about the freaking Croods for a really long time
Eep is one of the prime reasons that I respect Dreamworks more than Disney (while i adore both DIsney and Pixar). This is one of the first times I’ve ever seen a female lead that doesn’t fit your stereotypical “princess” expectations. Even Merida, while she was a big step from typical perfect, petite princesses, still had the pretty dresses and the nice figure and even some beautiful—albeit unruly—hair.
But Eep, man—Eep is the female that’s resembled me the closest. A naturally frizzy poof of hair, less than perfect teeth, wide shoulders, even broken, sometimes dirty nails. But the thing about her? She embraces that. She’s proud of who she is, and doesn’t change—even for Guy’s sake.
And granted, she has flaws, other than physical ones. She’s boy-crazy, and pretty impulsive. And another thing that separates this film from Disney? Her traits begin as a major turn-off for Guy. Instead of love at first sight, this boy recoils at her (pardon the pun) crude mannerisms and family, her naivete, and her rambunctiousness. It takes a while for him to warm up to her—And even during this period, she doesn’t change just to please him.
This line in the film was probably meant as some comic blurb to make the audience laugh, but I really think it shows how far Dreamworks has come in overcoming some of these female expectations that Disney’s carved into the world of animation. Yes, Eep’s heavy. But in the world of a cavegirl, this is sensible. This means she’s well-fed, her body is thriving, and things are good.
This movie just makes me really happy to have a character proud of her “flaws”, inside and out.
Happy International Women’s Day, March 8th"To the people clinging to the notion that female-led pictures are a niche genre, people see them! They make money! The world is round, people!" - Cate Blanchett
'Cause for the first time in forever, I will be right here.
prayer circle for leonardo dicaprio
- I’m loud.
- I’m obnoxious.
- I’m sarcastic.
- I’m cocky.
- I cry easily.
- I have a bad temper.
- I’m easy to get along with.
- I have more enemies than friends.
- I’ve smoked.
- I’ve smoked weed.
- I drink coffee.
- I clean my room daily.
- I wear a piece of jewelry at all times.
- I wear makeup.
- I wear contacts.
- I wear glasses.
- I have braces.
- I change my hair colour often.
- I straighten my hair often.
- I have a piercing
- I have small feet.
- I’m in a relationship now.
- I’m single.
- I’m crushin’.
- I’m always scared of being hurt.
- An ex has physically abused me at least once.
- I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
- I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
- I’ve been in love more than two times.
- I believe in love at first sight.
- I believe lust is more important than love.
- I have a best friend.
- I have at least ten friends.
- I’ve gotten a phone call in the last 48 hours from a friend.
- I’ve beaten up a friend.
- I’ve been in a serious fight with a friend.
- I’ve been on a plane.
- I’ve been on a train.
- Someone close to me has passed away.
- I’ve taken a taxi.
- I’ve taken a city bus.
- I’ve taken a school bus.
- I’ve gone bungee jumping.
- I’ve made a speech.
- I’ve been in some sort of club.
- I’ve won an award.
- I’ve spent 24 Hours on the computer straight.
- I’ve been in a physical fight.
- I listen to R&B.
- I listen to country.
- I listen to pop.
- I listen to techno.
- I listen to rock.
- I’m one of those people who play songs repeatedly until I hate it.
- I hate the radio.
- I buy CD’s.
- I spend at least six hours a day watching television.
- I watch soap operas daily.
- I’m in love with Days of Our Lives.
- I’ve seen and liked the O.C.
- I’ve seen and liked One Tree Hill.
- I’ve seen and liked Americas Next Top Model.
- I’ve seen and liked Popular.
- I’ve seen and liked 24.
- I’ve seen and liked CSI.
- I’ve seen and liked Law & Order: SVU.
- I get along with both of my parents.
- My biological parents are still together.
- I have at least one brother.
- I have at least one sister.
- I have at least one step brother/sister.
- I have at least one half brother/sister.
- I’ve been kicked out of the house.
- I’ve ran away from my home.
- I’ve sworn at my parent(s).
- I’ve made my parents cry.
- I’ve lied to my parents.
- I’ve lied to my parents about where I am.
- I’ve lied to my parents about what I’m doing.
- I’ve lied to my parents so I’d be allowed out.
- I’ve walked out when I’ve been grounded.
- I’ve been brown.
- I’ve had streaks.
- I’ve cut my hair in the past year.
- I’ve dyed my hair in the past year.
- I’ve been blonde.
- I’ve had black.
- I’ve been red.
- I’ve been light brown.
- I’ve been blue/green.
- I’ve gotten my hair thinned.
- I use conditioner.
- I’ve used silk therapy.
- I’ve used hot oil treatments.
- I’ve curled my hair.
- I’ve straightened my hair.
- I’ve ironed my hair.
- I’ve braided my hair.
- I’ve yelled at a teacher.
- I’ve been suspended.
- I’ve had an in-school suspension.
- I’ve been sent to the principals office.
- I’ve walked out of class.
- I’ve skipped an entire day of school.
- I’ve skipped a whole month of one certain class.
- I’ve cheated on a test.
- I’ve helped someone else cheat on a test.
- I’ve failed Art.
- I’ve failed P.E.
- I’ve failed math.
- I’ve failed another class.
- A teacher has called my parents.
When I meet a friend’s friend and they leave us alone together